Directions to Fort Tryon Park
- Take the A train to 190th Street.
- Take the elevator and stairs to Fort Washington Avenue and walk north.
- Fort Tryon Park is just off Margaret Corbin Circle, with the Heather Garden just inside the tall stone pillars.
- Take the M4 or M98 bus north to its last stop, which will be marked either 190th Street, Cloisters, or Margaret Corbin Circle.
- Please ask the bus driver if the bus will go to 190th Street, as not every bus goes that far.
- The bus will leave you at the park’s southern entrance.
From Downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn, Queens, or Long Island via the Triborough or 59th Street Bridges and the Midtown Tunnel:
- Take the FDR/Harlem River Drive north to the Amsterdam Avenue/George Washington Bridge exit.
- Follow the sign for Amsterdam Avenue.
- At the light, make a right onto Amsterdam Avenue.
- Proceed north to 179th Street, make a left onto 179th Street and proceed west to Fort Washington Avenue.
- At Fort Washington Avenue, turn right and proceed north to Margaret Corbin Circle. This is the southern entrance to Fort Tryon Park. Parking is just inside the park drive on the right hand side, across from the New Leaf Café.
From Westchester County and parts of Connecticut:
- Take the Henry Hudson Parkway South to the exit for Riverside Drive.
- Stay to the left in the exit lane. At the stop sign, make a left onto Riverside Drive.
- Stay in the left lane on Riverside Drive, which turns back into the Henry Hudson Parkway northbound. Fort Tryon Park will be the next exit off of the highway.
- Parking can be found all around The Cloisters, or drive to the southern end of the park and park in the parking lot across from the New Leaf Café, which will put you in close proximity to the Heather Garden.
From Long Island, Queens (via the Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridges) or Connecticut:
- Take the Cross–Bronx Expressway to the last exit in New York (Henry Hudson Parkway South–181st Street, Exit 1).
- Stay to the right in the exit lane until you come to the stoplight.
- At the light, take a right onto 181st Street.
- Make your first left off of 181st Street onto Cabrini Boulevard.
- Follow Cabrini Boulevard to its northern terminus, which is Margaret Corbin Circle.